Capital sits on top of column shaft & adds height
/ NON Load-bearing /
* WIDTH = where cap meets column shaft
Brockwell's decorative plaster capitals are carefully cast with architectural authenticity in mind. We first partially fill our molds with a premium plaster, leaving a little room for water, as well as, our natural hemp fiber. Our hemp fibers consist of shredded ship rope, which intrinsically binds the plaster form together, and an additional layer of plaster coats the hemp fibers - essentially encapsulating the binding agents. The result is a strong, durable, clean, crisp, classically-correct capital design - which you wouldn't receive with other industry stock decorative capitals.
Our decorative plaster capitals are lighter in weight than most other companies' plaster capitals, and they have the necessary strength to drill or cut in to - without compromising their high level of detail.
We are able to build your pilaster capitals to the exact return dimensions (or the depth / projection from the wall) that you need. The rule of thumb for a half square capital to be considered a "pilaster capital," the return dimension must be either half or less of the overall width of the capital.
For example: on a capital that is 8" wide, the return dimension should be 4" or less.
** We are able to make your return dimension larger than half the width at an upcharge. When this occurs, it is now considered to be an engaged column and not a pilaster.
Designs are available in the Classical Orders of Architecture, as well as, several Specialty styles.
Brockwell capitals are an investment into the high quality value that you place on your residential or commercial project. Our aim is to provide you with both a top-level product & experience, both of which contribute to that self-satisfied feeling you get when you know your project looks nice.
- Architecturally correct designs
- Proprietary capital designs
- Créme de la créme for industry detail
- Adds classical value to your project
- Specify your Return (Depth) dimension
- Ability to create custom capital shapes
- Made with Natural Hemp Fiber
- Great cost alternative to wood capitals
- Can be cut, drilled in to, and glued
- All plaster capitals are paint-grade
- Meets ALL fire codes
- For residential & commercial projects
- Made with 100% natural materials
- Made in the United States
- We ship worldwide