What size medallion is right for my project?
This is a great question! You can avoid having a ceiling medallion that is either:
A.) Overwhelming or
by gauging your Brockwell medallion selection by this chart.
|YOUR ROOM SIZE||MEDALLION DIAMETER|
|140 sq ft or less||Up to 20''|
|140 - 210 sq ft||20'' - 30''|
|210 - 280 sq ft||30'' - 40''|
|More than 280 sq ft||40'' or larger|
When utilized correctly, medallions reflect aesthetic design sensibility by adding a touch of classical sophistication to, an otherwise, bland ceiling. Emerging into American home design in the 1700's, ceiling medallions quickly gained popularity as design components that became synonymous to fine artistic taste.
One of the greatest facets of a ceiling medallion is its intrinsic design versatility, or - in other words - its ability to adapt to various home styles. This is why Brockwell Incorporated is proud to offer hundreds of plaster ceiling medallions in numerous styles, shapes and sizes. We're confident that you will find a Brockwell medallion that complements your project's style.
When your attention is drawn upward to a ceiling adorned with a Brockwell plaster medallion, it's not uncommon to immediately notice the premium echelon of architectural detail . . . detail that you wouldn't receive with its polyurethane counterpart. Our plaster medallions are manufactured in the USA.
Additionally, we have the ability to cut a complimentary center hole into any medallion in order to accommodate a chandelier or any hanging light fixture. For medallions not pictured with a center hole, please inform a Brockwell Sales Consultant, at the time of your order, that you would like one cut.
We first partially fill our molds with high-quality plaster, leaving a little room for water, as well as, our natural hemp fibers. Our hemp fibers consist of shredded ship rope, which intrinsically bind the plaster form together, and an additional layer of plaster coats the hemp fibers - essentially encapsulating the binding agents. The result is a strong, durable, lighter-weight, and crisply-detailed medallion pattern.
Brockwell's method of fiber-reinforcing our plaster allows for the necessary strength to drill or cut in to each molding - without compromising its superior detailing. Plus, it reduces the amount of utilized plaster, which creates a lighter, easier-to-install medallion.
We recommend utilizing our plaster medallions for Interior Projects.
- Classic designs over 100 years old
- Complimentary center holes can be cut upon request
- Our medallion designs give your space character
- Superior level of detail and crispness
- Accommodates chandeliers or hanging light fixtures
- Adds timeless architectural value to your project
- Reinforced with Natural Hemp Fibers for strength & durability
- Install w/ standard carpentry tools & techniques
- Plaster can be cut, drilled in to, and glued
- Plaster medallions are paint-grade
- Great for both residential & commercial projects
- Non-flammable & non-toxic plaster material
- Eco-friendly - made with 100% natural materials
- Made in the United States
- We ship worldwide