Typical cast lengths are 12 inches
Brockwell Incorporated's Palmette Composition moldings showcase authentic historical detail and will add value to your project. The palmette motif has a rich history, and is believed to have originated in ancient Egypt with a more daisey-like appearance that symbolized fertility. The ancient Greeks & the ancient Romans assisted in the evolution of the palmette motif to look more like what we see today with petals fanning upward and outward from a triangular center. At the base of the motif we see two volutes (scrolls) that extednd to the left and to the right, downwardly. Many scholars have depicted the volutes as a 'fertile energy' that helps the leaves sprout (give life).
We specialize in providing these exclusive molding patterns for commercial, religious, federal, residential, and film & television projects. Brockwell Incorporated's ornate moldings add a touch of historical beauty, as seen in ancient architecture. If your project calls for a high level of detail, then Brockwell's decorative compo moldings are your solution. Select from our thousands of designs and sizes - all of which will provide the superb decorative features you are looking for. Brockwell Compo moldings give your project architectural prestige and authenticity.
Our proprietary composite resin material is mixed with hide glue that will activate - once steamed - will adhere to unfinished wood almost instantaneously. For large projects, please inquire about our options for making longer lengths.
Brockwell has beautiful Egg & Dart designs, Acanthus designs, Greek Keys, Scroll patterns, Fluted designs, Geometric, Rope, and many more linear molding styles to select from.
We recommend utilizing our Compo moldings only for Interior Projects. For projects outside, please get in touch with a Brockwell associate to discuss the availability of our exterior resin material.
- Historic, classically-inspired molding designs
- Cast replicas of master wood carvings that are over 100 + years old
- Superior level of detail and crispness
- You specify how many linear feet you need
- Ability to install on curved / radial surfaces
- Adds timeless architectural value to your project
- First-rate material & detail
- Easy to install
- Perfect for applying to wood surfaces
- Perfect for fireplace mantels, stairways,
window & door surrounds, kitchen cabinetry,
framing, tables, walls & essentially any wood furniture
- Will adhere to glass surfaces as well
- Compo is both stain-grade & paint-grade
- Great for both residential & commercial projects
- Eco-friendly - made with 100% natural materials
- Made in the United States
- We ship worldwide