Typical cast lengths are 12 inches
The Egg & Dart motif is a common architectural pattern seen in Neoclassical design, and it can even be traced as far back to ancient Greek architecture where it adorned Ionic (Greek) capitals at the Erechtheion. Historians have also correlated the egg-shaped detail to that of a warrior's shield and the dart detail to that of his spear. Brockwell's Egg & Dart Compo moldings adhere best to unfinished wood furniture and surfaces. Each resin design is cast from master wood carvings - many of which are over 100 years old. We recommend installing your interior Compo moldings shortly after they are delivered.
Our premium Compo material has been utilized in a variety of project types, such as: commercial, religious, federal, residential, and film & television projects. If your project calls for top-of-the-line detail, then Brockwell's decorative compo moldings are your solution. Select from our thousands of designs and sizes - all of which will provide the superb decorative features you are looking for. Our compo moldings give your project architectural prestige & authenticity.
The composite resin material is mixed with glue that - once steamed - will activate allowing for an easy, almost instant "suction-type" installation. For large projects, please inquire about our options for making longer lengths.
We recommend utilizing our Compo moldings only for Interior Projects.
- Historical, classically-inspired molding designs
- Cast replicas of carvings over 100 + years old
- Superior level of detail and crispness
- Mimics the detail from ancient Greece & ancient Rome
- Adds timeless architectural value to your project
- Easy to install
- Perfect for applying to wood surfaces
- Can be applied to straight & curved / radial surfaces
- Looks amazing on fireplace mantels, stairways,
window & door surrounds, kitchen cabinetry,
framing, tables, walls & essentially any wood furniture
- Will adhere to glass surfaces as well
- Compo is both stain-grade & paint-grade
- Great for both residential & commercial projects
- Eco-friendly - made with 100% natural materials
- Made in the United States
- We ship worldwide